Walking these stone roads one more time
[html]
(I was just wondering the possibilities myself u__u lol *shameless*)

Sonje by Sie!

Her eyes narrowed slightly at his patronization. Albeit young, she was incredibly well developed for her age—a direct corollary to her stint in Hearg Njorth—and she understood entirely the wild and the way things worked. The weaker were at the bottom. The weaker must submit. She was submitting, but she wouldn't be weak for long, this Sonje guaranteed. And it would seem, with the inky male's sly attitude towards her, that she would not need to put up a front against him; rather, it was pertinent that she now display an ability to take care of herself. He gave her an inch of passage (a cold smile, interested) and the Helsi girl would slip in a sweet, subtle mile.

And her tongue was superb, in a manner of speaking. Being so young, it was material that she be able to lie and to talk her way out of things. If he thought he'd catch her slipping this way, he was wrong. That clothing shop, she murmured, nosing across the street towards a store with large, shattered windows and a half-hanging sign beneath it that had words she couldn't read but a shirt and pants etched clearly enough into the disfigured wood. She blinked and then slowly pulled herself up onto two feet, ears erect as she watched him slick the knife back into place. Now she visibly relaxed, perhaps unjustly confident (or cocky), and she waved off his supposedly impressive comment with a motion of her wiry hand and she wrinkled her muzzle in a teasing sneer. You'll need more than a second to deal with me, she mused, finally taking her eyes off him as she moved fully onto the street and sauntered neatly in his direction.

Her fingers traced along the rubble, but she was clearly bare (except her jewelry) and had no weapons to speak of, or that his eyes could see. She held her hands apart, almost inviting his gaze to check her complaisant state and then she dropped them to her sides, and leaned her slender shoulder lightly against a jutting rubble slab with several yards between them still. I'm Sonje, she answered, crossing her arms across her stomach and tilting her wild head at him curiously. Just stocking up. As you can see, I'm a little.. disadvantaged right now. She blinked, and moved on with an inaudible intake of breath. So who're you and why were you wandering around like a deaf hare?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread