Walking these stone roads one more time
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Heartless, huh? Good thing I prefer lungs and jugulars, she chirped casually, wrinkling her sleek muzzle. But don't worry, Itzal. For helping me out, I vow to let you know before I ever decide to kill you. She put her hand across her chest, and smiled without showing her teeth; a tease if she ever was one. Regardless, there was a certain honesty in her sharp eyes that said she meant her words even if she didn't expect him to honor the same code. She had a code, and that was all that mattered.

Following his direction, she looked at the street corner shop with its graying walls, decaying woodsills and rough displays meant for weapons. As they walked again—him walking, she jaunting back and forth lithely as if inwardly merry about checking out weaponry—Itzal mentioned a jewelry store and her interest was immediately piqued, though she kept any telltale expressions from her face. She glanced, checking out his earring briefly and flicking her own helixed ear unconsciously. Yeah I might like to check that out too. Haven't found a piece I really like in a couple months... she drew off thoughtfully. Usually Luperci found little use or want of jewelry, and though Sonje didn't have a wide collection herself, she often liked looking to see if she could find something she especially liked. She was more of a rarity collector than a hoarder.

When he apologized for drifting off, she waved him off without commenting, seeing no need to apologize for thinking. They reached the door and he stood to the side for her, bowing graciously (or mockingly, she wondered warily) as invitation to go first. She looked down at him for the first time, and she smiled. It wasn't sweet, but rather fiery and knowing. A smile that smoldered nicely and brought a natural curve to her brows as well, a beautiful skeptic's grin. She put a hand on the door frame, the inset of which had been blasted away by some brute probably years ago. She tentatively took a step inside, but then paused as if she thought better of it and she looked back at Itzal. I have a whole room at my disposal now, Itzal. So no funny business, she winked, wagging a finger at him and licking her devilish lips before slipping into the weaponry with a small giggle.

The first two racks were scarce, left with spears not chosen and uselessly crooked arrows, but as she walked to the shelves, daggers and knifes that had been surpassed on for years began to spring up, and she peered at each thoughtfully. All the bows seemed gone, but she eyed a couple rapiers and long-swords thoughtfully, though she didn't know how to use them. She figured it wouldn't be that hard to teach herself how to sword-fight. She was skilled enough with a hand blade, how hard could that be? As she was checking out the taller swords, some much too big for her stature, she happened to look down at a glint near her foot, and she crouched to pick free a curved silver dagger, whose gold and ruby hilt had been buried beneath a pile of grimy rags. Oh! She's perfect, Sonje purred, barring her teeth in satisfaction. I name all my knives after snakes. The last one was Cobra. Any ideas? she asked, handing the short blade to the black Luperci as she turned to eye the longer swords again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread