To see the Unseen
[html]
Word Count :: 314 Sorry for the wait sweetheart! What animal is Asa?

Bairds eyes widened noticeably as he saw the ghostly animal take to Saqui's shoulder, he had never seen anything like it bur he tried to act as normal as possible. He bowed his head to the newcomer and greeted her, "G'day Asa, pleasure to meet ya." Pan chirruped loudly in alarm as she noticed Asa, scrambling up the back of the dingoes head to settle between his ears, hiding in the scruffy blonde head fur. Baird chuckled quietly and left the quoll where she was, knowing that after a while she would become curious.

Baird chuckled again as Saqui asked what his slang meant, he shrugged slightly in embarrassment, "Ah, I apologise Saqui, I forget not everyone's Aussie like me. A sheila is a woman and a brumby is a horse." He paused and looked back over to Mirage, "so to translate, you're a lucky lady to have such a fine horse."

He flicked his ear at Pan as he could feel her grip on his hair loosening, she chirred at him and used the goggles on his forehead to drag herself forward, peering at Asa through strands of hair. Baird grinned as Saqui noticed the foreignness of his companions, "Ah, we're all from very far away. Home is a country called Australia." He noticed how she seemed to be admiring Gelar's plumage so he called the bird over with a simple whistle. The kookaburra landed on Bairds outstretched arm, sidestepping up to rest on the dingoes shoulder. Gelar preened Bairds face fur, his large beak clacking together in pleasure. "Gelar started following me when I was wandering through a forest in Oz, and I picked up Pan as a baby. He's a Kookaburra and she's a Tiger quoll." He nodded at Asa, "Now I've seen plenty of critters on my travels but nothing like her, what is she?" He asked, his voice polite and curious.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#631a19; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 {background-color:#daac9a; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6223/bairdbyrne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread