To see the Unseen
[html]
Word Count :: 495 End with your post? It has been a pleasure threading with you Smile

Saqui mentioned that the horse most likely stayed with her due to the free food that she got all year round, Baird thought that the food may have been a contributing factor, but maybe the horse had formed an emotional attachment. He knew from watching the brumbies back home that they were capable of affection and attachment, many family units sticking together long after the colt or filly should have left. One of the most touching shows of affection he had seen had been between a mare and her adult son. He didn't mention this to the girl, not wanting to question her beliefs. He let the subject of the horse drop and focussed on the talk of the tribe.

His ears pricked with interest as she spoke, her voice now full of enthusiasm and excitement, the tribe seemingly a strong and good subject for her. Her talk of strained relationships caused by leaving the tribe brought back memories of home and the way the elders had frowned when he had expressed his desire to travel. It seemed things in his tribe were similar to the Great Tribe that she spoke of. He nodded and added his experience in, "Aye, back home when I said I was off to adventure they didn't take it too kindly. There were a fair few insults to my intelligence and honour thrown in, luckily my family stepped in to defend me. I suppose the elders thought I was leaving so I wouldn't have to carry out my duties." He shrugged, knowing that the reason for his leaving had nothing to do with duties, but more to do with the burning ache in his bones to travel. He had never managed to get the idea across to the elders, but they had let him go in the end.

He glanced over the way that she pointed, recalling his meeting on the borders of Aniwaya with Io. The way that Saqui spoke about the pack made him think that it was a nice place, he would investigate further if he ever got the urge to settle down in this cold and strange country. She spoke of her guide as well, informing him that they were there to help them with the things they needed to improve upon. She didn't give her reason for needing the guide and he wouldn't ask, that would just be too rude. He looked to the sky then, noticing that the sun was moving steadily across the expanse of blue. He shot Saqui a genuine smile and bowed his head slightly, "Thank you for talking with me, it was nice to meet you, Mirage and Asa. I should be on my way now, but perhaps we will meet again in the future." He said, genuinely hoping that they met again.

Gelar took to the air as Baird turned to leave, heading northwards to the old human city named Halifax, not knowing that he would be staying there for a while.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#631a19; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 {background-color:#daac9a; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6223/bairdbyrne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread