mark me with fire
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Her silence was a little unnerving, leaving the older girl to wonder if she had said the wrong thing. Maybe touched on a memory that wasn't supposed to be remembered. But she was forever curious, especially in the name of family. Corona knew all too well that she had scores of them all around, family that she had never meet but wanted to meet. Mab had once told her a little bit about her family, just as Ahren had. Kaena had never talked about her family, but Corona had never really asked her mother. It was one question she was sorry she hadn't got to. But that aside, her ears pricked to listen up when she spoke again, and that was the revelation she had been looking for.

_____“You're one of Laruku's kids,” she said quietly. That meant a lot of things. “We share a mother, Kaena. I'm her eldest daughter, Corona. Ahren de le Poer is my father.” And technically she knew that she wasn't the oldest daughter, but Maeryn was dead and gone so it didn't matter. Corona had never seen Kerberos again after a couple of times, so maybe he was dead and gone too. Those were things that she didn't think about. But she cut to the chase, remembering that she had found the cabin where Laruku had been staying.

_____But if he was sick… well, that wouldn't do. “Your father and I are friends, I've known him for as long as I can remember… how sick is he?” Maybe if he wasn't something that bound him to death, she could try and fix it. Though she had never really treated any sort of viral illness, Corona had spent a lot of time reading about them. She knew how easily they were spread and how in critters like they were, just how bad they could have been, provided it was the problem. It would have been a shame if he had made it out of the fire only to come to pieces now, wouldn't it? Maybe he was just burnt up; she couldn't help but speculate.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread