mark me with fire
That's okay. I do it so often I don't even ask any more. I'm really bad. *needs to be put in the time out corner*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____The more Rachias spoke, the more Corona was sure that their stories were very similar. There was a considerable age gap between them, but it hardly meant anything to Corona. She had spent a long time shunning those younger siblings away, but they all had similar stories. Jasper wasn't that different compared to she and Rachias, only he had gotten the short end of things. His mother left his father, and then his father had left completely. Corona felt in some way, she had been left by Ahren too, but it hardly dampened the spirit she had to keep their bond stronger whether he liked it or not.

_____“No, I haven't seen her,” Corona said, trying to remember the last time she had actually seen her mother. There had been that brief stint when she had run away from France and came all the way back to Inferni, but it didn't last. She had questioned herself in the same way she was questioning herself now, asking the internal conflict in her, wolf or coyote? “I haven't seen our mother since I was a child. The last time I saw her, she came to see me.” And Corona had never forgotten their conversation, she had never forgotten how she asked her mother not to hurt Ahren. She had never forgotten the way that her mother's voice had cracked with emotion.

_____She hadn't forgotten how she cried after she had left.

_____But the forest was growing thicker and the canopy was more dense; the temperature and the humidity drop and rose in its own ways. “I wished I could tell you where she's gone away to, I really do. I've often wondered that myself… Gabriel and I, we considered that she may have gone away to die. But I don't know. I don't think we'll know.” Maybe she shouldn't have said that, but it was true. Their mother wasn't quite so old as much as she was worn. Her body was aged more than her mind and her spirit, it had taken many more blows so for all she knew, maybe it gave out. She feared in a sense that her father would meet the same end and perhaps for the sake of everything, he too would go away to die.

____But it wasn't worth thinking about, right now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread