Unexpected songbirds
[html]
chickuun
wordcount ► 238

Silvano had not brought anything with him, so he paused and stared at the chicken a while longer, like he had been doing the entire time. The hen cocked her head, looking at him with her little black bead of an eye with it's strangely stupid and blank expression. It was like there was nothing behind the eyes to denote intelligence. Then again, it was just a goddamn chicken that lived it's life pooping out eggs or being eaten by hungry caretakers.

"I have nothing with me, but I can always bring around something the next time I do and we can call it a gift," he suggested, shrugging his shoulders as best as he could with his arms busy. Perhaps if he found more books or something that an artisan pack would like best. He'd have to take the time to find it, and with the children coming up, he was going to be so terribly hard pressed to do so. "But I should probably begin to head back; my mate is pregnant and due any day now, and I don't want to miss my children coming into the world," he added sheepishly, grinning like an idiot. It was almost apologetic too, since he did not have an equal trade and that he had to rush off. But he had already given something, so he was sure to be true to his word!

Photo taken by Luana. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 4px 0px 4px;text-align:justify;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
.silv_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1b5921;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread