[p] to place you in a silver cage
[html]

(322) Lol, me too. FURIOUS GOOGLING, GO. Tbh that's why I like plant/animal lists and crap, they allow you to skip the googling part. CX

Draugr is by me!

Draugr caught and understood his look of wonder, although she held her tongue for the moment. There was no reason for her to value slaves' opinions -- most every education of her young life had thus far instructed her otherwise, in fact. Yet, she had learned from her other experiences that the quiet, with all their time to observe and receive input from the world, could contribute much in their own way. She had perhaps taught her mother this lesson -- though the woody brown Confidant would have hesitated to put it in such blunt terms as that.

The wolfdog listened with mounting disappointment, however, as the golden-hued slave listed the plants they might be able to find -- or not, as he seemed to think. Though her tail drooped with the disappointment, her gaze followed his movements as he tested the soil and a mint leaf with his fingers. His next words were more encouraging, and the wolfdog seemed more pleased with this answer. Her mind immediately wandered to the farmhouses on the opposite side of the territory -- it might be their best chance at finding these raspberries, though there were forests to the north of the garden that could be investigated first.

Berries, she said, agreeing. There are blue ones, they grow everywhere in the forest -- where they grow, nothing else survives. They choke everything else away, as you say these raspberries do. They are not grown here, because they are so many wild patches along these coasts. I have never seen red ones before, though. She thought raspberries must look rather like blueberries, just with a different color -- she could not know their shape was entirely different. If we can find them, perhaps we can put them near the blueberries? If they were difficult to control, like the lemon balm, this might be best -- and if the blueberries and raspberries could compete -- or even breed -- with one another, all the better.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread