[p] to place you in a silver cage
[html]
what the.. I didn't get email alerted of thisssssss what DD:
wordcount ► 322

Gale nodded his head along to her words and thought about what she described. Blueberries, no doubt about that. He racked his brain for a memory of what they would do, but he did not know if they were medicinal. They did, however, make jams and preserves that tasted phenomenal from the few licks he had been able to pilfer from the cook-slaves and servants. "I don't know. Maybe have healing property. Everything seems to. I don't remember what it is other than making good jam and juice." He did not know how to make the jam nor what the women had even put into it. He was not a cook; his hands ran red with blood whenever he ate a meal he was too lazy to build a fire for.

"If these berries are blue and round, then are blueberries. Silly name, stupid and obvious. But that is what they are. And I think are like raspberries maybe. Different shapes though. Look almost like grapes but not. In the shape of a strawberry with hollow center instead of white bitter flesh.." He furrowed his brows as he pent down and plucked out a small pebble from the soil. It was a bit bigger than a single seed on the raspberry. "These are like a single grape, attached together. If we find, you see and understand." He felt smug, superior to his masters with this simple knowledge. It would not last long he knew.

"We can try," he agreed at last, long after she had asked the question. "Maybe they work together. Maybe kill each other. Hopefully first choice." He dusted off his hands for the last time and looked with suddenly dull eyes at the woman. His usefulness was limited to them, that he understood. He knew some basic herblore, basic weavng, but his blood swam with a warrior's knowledge. "Domina wants to look for these berries?"

Image credited to RomeCabs. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_02 {padding:5px 0px 250px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yR5kk.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #000; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:12px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; margin: 0 auto;}
.gale_02 .inner {margin:0 10px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_02 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#480201; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_02 .wc {color:#f5bd16; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_02 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#000;}
.gale_02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000; text-shadow:#cf2a00 1px 1px 2px;}
p.gale02_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread