Peaceful Intentions
[html]
Neela be angry :O. The moonforsaken thing is a little insult specific to Neela, basically means the same thing as godforsaken.

If he hadn’t been insulting her Neela would have admired the sheer balls of the stranger. As it admiration was the furthest thought from her mind and internally she was frothing at the bit to pull out her knife and open the smug bastard a new mouth with it. Caution and the fact that as the lone greeter so far she was representing her pack stayed her hand but nothing could prevent her baring her teeth, a low growl bubbling up from behind them. And then he made his next comment.

If not for Tony’s sudden presence and his hand on her shoulder the strangers relationship with his balls might have come to a swift and bloody end. As it was Neela made no move to advance but made her aggression clear in how her hands came to rest on her knives handles. ”You… how dare you. Pedezo la mierda!” she spluttered indignantly.

And then Jazper arrived. Unlike Tony he came into the clearing seemingly as angry as Neela already, claymore drawn and voice confrontational as he put himself in front of Neela. Neela grumbled silently at being shielded as though she was a pup but didn’t object, going against Jazper’s wishes in front of what was seeming more and more to be potential enemies would be an insult to his authority.

Even so the collie couldn’t help herself when she heard Amy’s name being mentioned. She hadn’t been aware that the bitch had kept slaves but with what she knew of the trader she wouldn’t put it past her. "Demon’s right!” she snarled, half stepping out from behind Jazper, ”That bitch damn near killed poor Kiara fer no reason, tried her best with me as well!” Normally the odd, circular symbol that Amy had carved into Neela’s stomach was hidden by her fur but Neela’s pregnancy had stretched her stomach enough that the scars were clearly visible, ugly red lines against Neela’s white fur. ”Any friend of hers is no friend of mine, sorry or not!” she growled.

And then as though he hadn’t caused enough trouble the first speaker, Neela still didn’t know his name spoke up again. The red haze that had been beginning to fill Neela’s eyes was wiped away, replaced with a cold, calculating fury. In one smooth motion barely lasting an instant she stepped out from behind Jazper - giving him some room if he did need to swing his sword - dipped two fingers into her pouch and snapped her arm forwards, burying a throwing knife to the hilt in the dirt scarcely an inch away from X’ies’ muzzle, purposely pinning a leaf to the ground in a show of accuracy. Neela’s throwing knives weren’t a skill she used as often as her close quarters fighting but with her pregnancy she had been practising more.

”Watch how you speak Mutt.” she said coldly, her voice formal but still with the undertones of an outraged hiss, ”That’s my alpha you speak to and despite your claims otherwise that was a threat, so here’s one of my own: Your friend there even tries to pull that bow of his out and he loses his eyes before Jazper and Tony even have a chance to try and get at him. Threaten my pups again and I’ll take your moonforsaken tongue.” Neela glared for a moment before taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself. ”Casa is a pack of warriors, we’re all trained in combat. You don’t scare me, you don’t scare Tony and you sure as hell don’t scare Jazper so quit the passive-aggressiveness before it ends up costing you.” with a quiet sigh she turned to Jazper, reaching out to place a hand on his sword arm.

She had no hope in hell of actually restraining him if he tried to attack them so the intent was more to try and calm him, coupled with her words, ”They’re vermin Sole,” she said, pronouncing the title with an odd lilt to her words,”Let them speak and let them leave I say. They’re not worth dirtying your sword. Unless words and threats have gained the ability to kill they are no threat.” she snorted as X’ies gave the most insincere apology she had ever heard but said nothing more, just waited and twiddled the two throwing knives she had withdrawn between her fingers.

<style type="text/css">
.risinghope b {font-weight:bold; color:#a38750; letter-spacing:.5px}
.risinghope p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.risinghope {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#471e00; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/1vif8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #885004; padding: 330px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a27e36; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
733+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread