frail
[html]
WC: 355 | <3!

At the sound of her melodic voice, Hati rushed to Ayita's side, periwinkle-white fingers clasped in worry. There were sunken shadows beneath his pale eyes, betraying his sleepless night. His poor mother, she did not deserve this pain, but he could not take it away from her. She was the closest thing to a healer they had in the Court, and she could hardly move let alone treat herself. "Mother, can I do anything for you? Would you like a drink, or something to eat from the kitchen? I can get you books to read, or, or..." He trailed off into a soft whine, sitting gingerly beside her. It deeply upset him to see his mother lying so prone, so helpless. There were a myriad of cuts marring her soft brown fur, and the swollen immobile leg made him shut his eyes for a moment, trying to block it out. Again he wondered who could have done this kind of damage deliberately; it was the most evil he had encountered in his naive life since his uncle was killed in the war.

She asked what was troubling him, and it was enough to make his lips twist into an ironic, bitter smile. "You're really worrying about me right now? Please, if there's anything I can help with, anything at all, tell me and I'll do it. I won't leave your side until you're better." He spoke quickly, earnestly, trying to cover the fear he felt about her grave condition. She would get better, she had to. He could read books about tending to injuries, and make her whole again. He wouldn't let her out of his sight if it meant she would be safe. Like Niro and his bird, the eagle had been shot because she strayed from his protection into peril. Hati was no warrior, but he would rather die than let anyone hurt his mother. "Why... did you go out there? It's dangerous outside the kingdom... Didn't you teach us that when we were little?" he asked softly, ears falling back against his dark mane. Wasn't she happy at home, like he was?

<style type="text/css">
.hati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5b7c93; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.hati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hati001 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bPhjJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4d4b4d; padding: 265px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474747; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread