Fading but holding on
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL
à cœur vaillant rien d'impossible

Word Count → 308; Sorry for the bad post. :c

His mother didn’t seem to understand why he was upset, and he wondered how she could still smile when she was obviously hurting so badly. Would she still smile if she knew what he’d done? He frowned and flattened his ears but said nothing, still hunched close to her, lending as much comfort as he could but wanting her comfort as well. It was an awkward position, since he’d wanted to be the protective male, the strong son, ever since Liam had abandoned them to journey north. He wasn’t used to wanting to whimper like a puppy and just lose himself to his fear.

His brow furrowed when she mentioned God, and Skoll wondered why He would let such a bad thing happen just for that purpose. Then again, the children had all been more independent lately, each pursuing their own path, that it would have taken something drastic to bring them together. The thought ashamed him, and he found that he had to blurt out what had been nagging at him.

“I got in a fight with Hati,” the creamy-gold boy confessed, and he looked down at his paws. He could remember striking his dark brother, and taking advantage of his size blow after blow. The violence disgusted him now, even if they’d shed very little blood. He’d turned into a monster for all of three minutes, and the emotions had curdled in his belly until he turned into a brat. “Maybe he told you,” he added weakly, imagining how the moon prince might have spun the tale. “I said hateful things to him and … we fought. And that’s why I said I haven’t been a good son, because I haven’t, and I can’t protect my family if I’m fighting with them or if I don’t pay attention to know they’ve been hurt by someone else…”

table by raze; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.knightskol-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.knightskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KtNrN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.knightskol .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.knightskol .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 150px;}
.knightskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:20px 5px 0px;}
.knightskol p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.knightskol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.knightskol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.knightskol b {font-family:georgia, serif;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread