[p] looking for joy in a strange place
[html]
(356)

The cave sang back, but in her own voice and pitches. What she thought was a beautiful symphony sounded around her, and was wrapped up in the song she was making. So, when the den voiced out a totally different sound, it made Lena yelp in surprise--and the caveran echoed her shock as well. But, a second later the scent of a familiar pack mate came to her, and she stated with good humor, "I thought it was singing to me, Palaydrian!" She rose from her seat as the Soul spoke and licked the female's lower jaw in greeting, and bumping her head softly against her chest.

"I thought no one was in there--sorry if I woke you up," she apologized, though she kept her cheery tone. She titled her head to the side as she asked about Cody. Then, it dawned on her that not many others see her without her brother at her side, or more like her at his side. "He's at the Little River getting some drink," she stated, wondering if she was worried about him. Maybe she was; with all this talk of a missing pup and hurt den mates, there could be cause for worry. But, Lena did not think danger would fall on her brother when he was so close by and in the pack lands. Everyone was safe in the pack lands, or so she thought. "He said that he should be back soon, so he will!" she added confidently, knowing that Cody always kept his word.

It was then her turn to ask a question: "Why were you sleeping so late, Drin? You usually leave before I even wake up!" Barely giving her time to answer her first question, she went on to add another after a second of thought. "What do you do so early in the morning, anyway? Do you go hunting for prey that only comes out early? Or do you go exploring?" If she was awake before she felt the warmth of the sun, she imagined doing the things she stated, but she wondered if Palaydrain did those things, or something completely different.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread