all along the watchtower
[html]
(573)

She had not even consider the fact that how her blindness could work against her more than usual. While there was the definite chance of falling because a crack on the rock trail or an especially thick patch of grass, she did not consider how others could trick her because she couldn't see. She was raised with people that recongized and knew her situation, and being sheltered, she believed that everyone even outside of the pack wouldn't use her because they understood, too. Terribly naive, she was. But, Temeraire raised no suspicions in any case, and did not know that he was caught off-guard by her circumstance.

Her smile became broader as she heard him laugh again. She squeaked in surprise as he poked her with his nose, but thinking he must have done it on purpose, gave him a gentle and playful nudge back against his chest with a giggle escaping her muzzle. She didn't think the motion was odd at all, since she was so used to her pack mates poking and prodding her as a way to greet her without words--especially her brother did this. Maybe Temeraire was the same with his own pack that she scented on him? Maybe they were like New Dawn?

But, she kept herself from asking anymore questions until he answered the ones she already spoke, and as he replied to them she listened quietly and expectantly. She perked at the mention of zealous worry, and added with a hint of cheeriness, "My pack is like that too--I think my brother is the worse. I'm surprised he even let me be out here without him clinging to me." She tilted her head as she considered what he said next, and supposed he was right; while she was used to walking around on rough stuff from time to time, the grass did indeed felt softer than the "rock".

"City?" she repeated, tilting her head the other way and turning it slightly to face the side. "Like... builings and stuff?" She faintly remembered buildings--she used to live in one. But now she slept in a den, and the memory of her old house were vague at best. She clicked her teeth again and listened, and once more the sound returned her as an echo-y pitch. After determinding where a building was, she took a few steps towards it, her head still turned to the side in curousity.

Before she even took her third step, though, she paused as the boy asked questions himself. None of them struck her as odd, and continued to face a building as she answered them contenty. "Yeah, ever since I was born I couldn't see. And, I knew you were hoping from patch to patch because it smelled like how a rabbit's would: one step, scent is there, a skip, and then another step." At the next answer, she puffed out her chest a little, as if she felt honored to mention what she said next. "I come from New Dawn, the best pack ever! And, I'm out here alone because I can be!" She stuck out her tongue playful, and added boldly. "I can take care of myself--and you can too, right? You are out here alone, too," she pointed out.

She turned back towards the building she had detected and continued to scratch her claws over the ground and snaped her teeth, paying close attention to the empty place.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread