all along the watchtower
[html]
(596) I do too. x3

Another breath of laughter came from her, and she had to stifled them or else she wouldn't be able to stop. She was just so excited to meet someone that was like her in age and who did not seem to mind the obvious. There were very few young wolves in her home, and there was only one other pup besides her and her brother. While Lucia was nice, she was standoffish to Lena, and she could only guess it was because she was a luperci and she wasn't. So, that left her Cody for company, and at times, he was worst than the adults who fuss over her as if she was a newborn. It was actually refreshing to meet another kid at all, and Temeraire did not seem to mind her blindness, which made her more juilbant than usual.

Despite her attempts, again she had to giggle at what he said, though not at his shriek but more at his words. "I had to ask my brother, too, if I could even leave the den, and he's not even my dad!" Once she thought about it, it was funny; she asked things from Cody as if he was their mother and as if he was in charge of her. He was her brother, not her alpha! While she did not know that Teme's father was his leader as well, she felt as if they were on the same wavelength. "We're nearly grown up, I don't see why we need to ask if we can go anywhere. Its redundant, am I right?"

She nodded at his description of a building, and decided that they must have been like the houses in Thornbury. She began to wondered if the building before her was just like her mother's house, and wanted to go inside it to check out what was in there. She took another few steps as Temeraire spoke, but stopped again, showing that she was indeed paying attention to what he said. "Okay, I'll do it," she agreed, and quickly added. "But, I will only if you promise to close your eyes and do it, too! I bet can I do it better than you." She was certain of this, and hoped that Teme would fall into her taunt.

"Vinátta?" she repeated questioningly, the name rolling off her tongue oddly. "I never heard of it." Of course she wouldn't--no one really told her about the surrounding packs of Nova Scotia. But, the strange name perked her interest, and the idea of a pack that could different from New Dawn also sparked her curiosity. "What's it like there? Do you sleep in a den?"

She grinned at his reply to whether or not he could take care of himself, and opened her mouth to playfully question if he was certain of that. But, she heard a low grumbling, and whatever she was going to say was lost. She froze in her place, unnerved by the noise that was coming from the building. It became louder, and her unseeing eyes became wider, but yet her feet were planted, chained by the fear to move. She only moved until Temeraire pushed her out of the way of the collapsing object, and by the shaking thud she felt not so far away, it was quite heavy and dangerous.

Before she could think of anything, much less to say something, a familiar voice that was a couple of yards away yelled at them. "Cody?" she called back, dread and shock finally seeping into her senses. This couldn't turn out well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread