all along the watchtower
[html]
(567) yesss. We can wrap this up soon and start another, yes? nun

Lena couldn't remember a moment in her life when she was emotionally uncomfortable. Bolder than her brother ever since she could remember, she went through things with a bravado that was strange to be found in a blind girl. She was confident by nature, even when she was in the wrong. No, she never had the reason to feel awkward with herself. But, when she heard her brother approaching with emotion coloring his otherwise diminutive nature while she was tangled with someone she barely knew, she felt meek. But, whatever true coyness she felt, she quickly dismissed it--she was not in the wrong, she told herself. She did not do something bad, and neither did Temeraire. But then why did she feel unsure for that short moment?

The brother's heated anger reached her like waves from the sun, and was quick to wiggle out from the boy's stance, small and slim body snaking away until he stepped back. Admittedly, she felt better being under Teme than openly facing her larger sibling, but she at least did not allow this to show as she pushed against him. It may as well have been a rock she was trying to move, and if she slowed him down any, he barely showed it as he basically moved her with him.

She knew that Temeraire's retort sent Cody's anger another click deeper, and she began to feel his growls vibrating his chest as well as the feral sounds. Along with her looks, the boy also inherited their mother's hellbent temper, it seemed. "It has everything to do with me!" He did not hold back his snarls now, and she could feel his muscles tensing, and could sense that her friend was not a long distance away. Cody could easily evade her and a mere second later clash with Temeraire, tooth and claw. The both of them were trained harshly by their mother to protect themselves. Even when she tried her hardest and when he claimed that he was going easy on her, she could never beat him in a sparring match. She wonderd momentarily if Temeraire had any formal training like they had.

She never heard Cody like this. He was docile, quiet, and shy even to those he knew. It hear him like this frightened her. But she wasn't the one on the other end of his now spitting growls, wordless yet clearly displaying his hostility. She finally came to the realization that if the confrontation escalated pass this point, either one of them could get hurt. Over a misunderstanding. Over her. "He saved me," she finally gasped, and could tell that her words were at least heard, since Cody was quieting himself only enough for her to talk over his guttural tones. "I-I wanted to look into a building, and then something fell--something from the building. If it wasn't for him, I..." Would she have made it out with a bump? Perhaps she would have been lucky enough to live, judging by the thud the object made.

The boy stilled for a bit as she trailed off. Was he looking over at the thing that fell? Though a gnarl lingered under his voice, he spoke edgily to Teme. "Is this true?" Lena felt a little chagrin as he questioned him. Did he not trust her? She held her tongue, though, and waited for what the boy had to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread