all along the watchtower
[html]
(359) I swear, Lena is just like Kiara in the Lion King. |:

As the two boys spat out their tensions verbally, Lena vaguely imagined what would happen if they did end up fighting. The thought displeased her, and while she tried to shy away, it seemed inevitable, what with two's anger thickening the air she was breathing. Temeraire was almost eager for them to fight, and Cody was acting so rash that he just may jump on the offer--oh, how she could wish to scold the both of them for being so foolish and cuff them over the ear as if they were pups. But, the hostility of the situation made her uneasy, and was relieved when she was heard and they both calmed. For the most part.

After she spoke of being saved, her brother began to curl defensively around her even before the dark boy confirmed her words. It was as if he was suddenly, magically, reminded that the outside world was a dangerous place for his sister, and had bigger problems to worry about than a spitting wolf. She felt him tense as Teme shot an answer back, but he remained silent as he seemed to mull over something. The dark girl perked, flatten ears rising as she was addressing. While a smile cross her features, her brother formed a scowl. "I'm okay--hey!" She felt Cody nudge her gently again, and he said cuttingly, "We're going."

Lena fought against him for a moment, but the boy pushed her with a bit more force. "No, Lena! You lied to me! You said you would stay home. And look, you nearly got killed!" That subdued her a bit. She tried shielding the thought, but now so blatantly said, she felt quiet. She allowed to be herded as the doggish male guided her along, though he paused for a moment. "Thanks." The gratitude barely showed, if there was any. But Lena felt some other emotion in his words. Before she could think about it long, she felt the nose against her side again.

"Bye, Temeraire," she called softly hover her shoulder, hoping he was still there to hear her farewell. She had fun, while it lasted, and hoped he knew that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread