And if I never knew you...
[html]
The Witch Doctor

Word Count → 545 :: This cabin's been mapped out purely in the post. ._. I now love it. It's like... mapping it out... gave it a name.

The silent walk was... thoughtful, though not entirely comfortable for either canine. They mulled together, it seemed, until the cabin came into view. Sky picked up the pace a bit to get ahead and unlock the door. That way, there'd be no trouble getting in with a limpy Shawchert. No stairs.

The cabin was built up against a large trunked tree and hidden by thick foliage all around it. There was a shallow ramp that ran up to the deck. The cabin itself was rounded and the first floor was actually the second, as there was obviously a basement. No stairs leading up, though- a small room sat above the first floor but the only way up was via ladder and another layer of patio ran around the leftover roof. Small porthole windows were covered and tinted with a thin layer of paint, to block out light and peekers. A brick chimney shot staight up the middle with a metal cap at the top to disperse the smoke and catch embers. The huge tree it connected to sheltered it from most of the rain and snow, but layered the top deck and roof with pine needles and dead leaves. Overall, a lucky find- with the high ground on either side, it was a wonder Sky found this little treasure at all.

She unlocked the door and would move back to help him get inside. The interior was just as unique. Wooden furniture set up a dining, kitchen and living area. No room was apart from the other and the fireplace was the only real blocky thing in there- everything else was as round as the house itself. The fireplace was made of stone and brick with openings on all four sides and a rack section above it for cooking. On the far side of the house, another door leading out to an overhanging deck in the back. There was a small bedroom area set up there with two beds- both of which connected to the walls and curved, pillows against the wall and a pair of tables between them. Just between that and the living area was wooden ladder leading up to the second floor. A staircase, spiraling in design, went downstairs between the kitchen and bedroom area on the other side. Both had trap doors specially fitted around the methods of transition with pullstrings to lift them up.

It wasn't the sight of the house that would be special to either, though. It was the scent. The smell of medicine and herbs with the faint undertone of cooked meat and musk. Just like her house in d'Arte except far more wild from the pine and maple trees used to build it. The feeling was almost nostalgic.

Sky went straight over to the bedroom area, waving for him to sit in on one of the beds. She bent down to a cabinet at floor level and started to rummage through. A few moments later, she'd pulled out all of her medical supplies. Sit down so I can look you over. While I do that, She held out a writing pad and a pencil to him, stern expession demanding an explanation. get writing. I want to know everything, even the gorey bits.

<style type="text/css">
.bobcat1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#051200 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#603819; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bobcat1 {margin:0px auto; width: 450px; background-color:#a08f7d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r7cPj.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#41240f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.bobcat1 .name {color:#603819; font-size:50px; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC'; text-align:left; text-indent:5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.bobcat1 b:after {
content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread