Birth of Mischief
[html]
WC: 303 | i am a slowpoke! D:

Hati lay panting beside the stream with his task complete, tongue lolling in an undignified manner. He watched as Terra emerged with a greedy light in her eyes, quickly dragging the beaver carcass into her den and tearing ravenously into it. He settled his chin on his paws, taking the time to rest while she ate her fill. Eventually the sounds of gnawing and crunching faded, and he raised his stained muzzle to peer back into the den, seeing the new mother satiated and pleased. "Happy to help," he said simply, smiling wearily. He always needed approval. "Eh, if... you need more food, I can always help you again. Just let me know." He could bring her gifts, anything from the hotel she wanted here for her earth den. He still felt guilty for having been so oblivious to the pregnancy; he could have been helping her out this whole time. Perhaps she was too proud to ask, though.

His plumed tail thumped lightly, stirring the pebbles at the shore. Terra said the father didn't know, whoever he was; she might need more help hunting or puppy-sitting in the future. He felt a little strange thinking of Terra with some male, and quickly dismissed the thought -- romance was far from his mind, he just wanted to fit in and be useful to the pack. Her pups were his newest packmates, and he would look out for them in any way he could. "So... have you named them?" Hati asked with a smile, belly crawling closer to the den entrance. Would she let him meet her brood now that she was better fed and rested? He was so curious... What would they look like, so young and helpless? Could they walk yet, like a baby horse, or could they imprint, like Niro's birds?

<style type="text/css">
.hati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5b7c93; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.hati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hati001 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bPhjJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4d4b4d; padding: 265px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474747; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread