Birth of Mischief
[html]
WC: 300

Hati was proud that he had helped, especially with hunting, a skill he rarely exercised. They were always on opposite ends of the spectrum, he and Terra; Hati was too civilized for his own good. He crawled forward, hoping he had earned his first look at the newborns. His approach heralded a warning growl, and Hati wilted, ears falling back as he retreated on his belly. He was larger than Terra, and he knew that could be intimidating, even though he was utterly submissive to her and always had been. He would get to meet the puppies later, when their mother was not so jumpy and protective. She did not seem mad at him though, merely cautious, so he began to relax again.

She had not named them yet, but she described them, Hati visibly brightening at the thought of her two little coyote sons. They did not need a father, Terra was tough enough to teach them everything they needed to know. They would do well. "You probably can't wait until they're old enough for magic tricks," he commented softly, smiling at the thought. "I don't know about names, most of my reading is non-fiction... feu and faim would be the French words for fire and hunger, but I doubt that's what you want. Terra and incendia, earth and fire in another tongue..." He fell silent, pondering. Terra was a storyteller, surely there were boundless characters from her fables that she could fashion her boys after. "Skoll and I have names from mythology, have you considered anything like that?" His tail thumped against the ground again, intrigued by the intellectual direction their conversation was heading in. All parents must put this much thought and love into their children's names, for those names would shape the future ahead of them.

<style type="text/css">
.hati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5b7c93; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.hati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hati001 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bPhjJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4d4b4d; padding: 265px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474747; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread