Birth of Mischief
Hati's retreat relaxed Terra, her tail wagging lazily behind her as he backed up. She wasn't angry at him, simply protective of her pups and wanted to make sure that they weren't harmed. Her instincts were currently too powerful to be overridden, even if she had decided that she wanted to do that. He did perk up as she spoke about them, pride glimmering in her eyes as she described the tiny pups. They were even smaller than other pups with their coyote blood, just tiny balls of fur pressed into her body and nuzzling into her warmth. Magic tricks? I can't wait to teach them just tricks. She wouldn't be able to actually teach them, per say, but she could show them and believed they'd be clever enough to mimic her.

Her ears perked up as he said her name, along with one she hadn't heard before. Incendia. It was rather pretty. She would remember that if she had another child that had a fiery streak. His mention of drawing from myths brought her to sit up, glancing at them. Naming them after a myth would be very powerful. For a litter without a father perhaps that was what they would need. Thinking carefully she studied them, remembering their fight for life and pushing against each other. There had been joy in their movement, and they had grown involved. They would be tricky. I think I'll name them after great tricksters. Bending down she licked the red pup gently. Loki. Turning to her other pup she smiled wide, and nuzzled him gently. Ananse.

Messages In This Thread