A cool breeze, a hot heart
[html]

WC :: +407

OOC ::

He had not slept that night. For the first time since Zana’s disappearance, he had truly missed her presence next to him on the bed of pelts. He had sat up on that bed, in the dark, for hours, just listening to the soft breaths of his children as they slept on their cot nearby. Where was Zana? He was worried, he was angry, his heart was filled with sorrow. Then, sometime when the sky was just beginning to light, he got up and crept quietly into the adjoining room.

Timori was quick to wake; he had always been a light sleeper, and he sat up as soon as Helotes entered, Helotes, what is it? He whispered. Helotes raised a hand and whispered, I need to go look for her Timori. I won’t be gone long, but… I just have to look. He stood there then, silently. Timori’s eyes flashed eerily in the low light before he answered, I understand Helotes, go; I’ll look after the kids. He understood his friend’s pain, and would not object to be asked to watched after his children.

Helotes nodded and slipped back into his room just as silently as before. He gathered his things to him; his wolf skin shoulder piece, his spear, tied back his hair. Before he left, he touched his sleeping babes gently on the head and they squirmed in their sleep at his touch.

The Hydra was quick to exit the mansion and went into the stables. Yegua and Potra woke instantly, and Potra pranced about in expectancy, but Yegua was still; she knew the look on Helotes’ face and she muttered to him that she knew they were going. He took her, and Potra looked longingly as they went. Helotes mounted and trotted her quietly until they were a ways away from the mansion, and then he drove her into a run that took him quickly beyond Inferni’s boarders.

Helotes followed his instincts; he truly had no knowledge of which direction Zana had taken; her scent had already faded by the time he had truly realized her absence. So he headed towards the mountains, perhaps she had stolen away there for solitude. He road Yegua until the sun had risen, and the rocky foothills rose up above them. He had dismounted then, and told her to wait for him where he would leave her, and into the mountains he went, looking for his lost mate.

<style>
.rattlotes b {letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; text-indent:25px;}
.rattlotes .ooc { margin:auto; text-align:center;}
.rattlotes {width:500px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e6r6A.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.rattlotes p b:before {content: open-quote}
.rattlotes p b:after {content: close-quote}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread