why don't you dance with me?
[html]

I love you, Tsunami.
     Ahren had known that for what felt like forever. When times had been unchanged and they were both young, inexperienced and staggering in shoes far too large for their feet. He had wanted to imagine that something would let everything live happily ever after, and that he and Laruku could have gone off into separate sunsets. Instead they were crashing into a deep-red eye, screaming, hurling head over feet because they couldn’t admit anything (because there wasn’t anything-you’re a liar a fucking liar!) and were too stubborn to speak about it.
     I love you, you know.
     Matinee’s fucking voice was in his head, pounding, screaming, accusing. He hated her more then he had hated anything that he could remember because she had done the unforgivable. She had left without word and without question and left him no sign. She had broken him apart because he had overreacted and made one goddamned mistake—
     FUCK! Ahren shouted, and slammed his fist into an oak tree. The impact caused his knuckles to break open and he let out a strangled snarl, shook the bloody paw and stumbled to the side. From his hand the fire was spreading, and he felt like his body was going to break into flame. The buzzing in his head was stronger now, voices and wasps and glass was in his bones. A coughing, mad laugh shook his frame, though his feet had been doing this long before he got this far from the shed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread