Want you to hold my hand
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
We can close this up, yeah? Thanks for the thread, poke me if you'd like another. Wink
WC: 319

Colibri pressed her fingers to her chest, feeling her racing heartbeat begin to ease back to normal. She watched as Ink carried off the bundle, placing it on the ground before closing his jaws around their catch. "Congratulations," she said softly, smiling. That wasn't so hard after all. And despite her initial awkwardness, she did feel like they could be friends, and go hunting together on a regular basis. If he wanted to, anyway - Coli wasn't blind to the fact that a happy-go-lucky youngster would rather spend time with others his own age instead of an older pregnant lady like her. She shouldn't get ahead of herself.

Ink dutifully carried the cloak and squirrel back to her, which she accepted appreciatively. Coli scooped a shallow hole in the ground, placing the still-warm prey into the depression before covering it it up with loose soil. They would return for their prize later, once their hunting was done and they could divvy up the spoils fairly. The scent of wolves would ward off any scavengers, so it should be safe. She then shook out the cloak, freeing it from any clinging pine needles and rodent fur. Of course she would have to wash it, but that could happen later in the day when the sun would dry it off quickly.

When she glanced back to her partner, he was already bright with excitement, tail waving energetically. His enthusiasm was infectious. "Of course we can do it again, we'll be at this all morning," she said in amusement, rising slowly to stretch her stiff legs. She was already quite tired, but this was an important job for the both of them. She mustn't complain. "Come on, let's find a new ambush spot a little ways off, so they don't catch our scent here and get suspicious." She brushed the dirt from her knees, flashing Ink a grateful smile for his company.

Stock photo credit: ArrsistableStock@deviantART
[/html]

Messages In This Thread