so starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
[html]

(--) Sorry for crap post!

Levent is by Sie!

Mai muttered vengeful horsy things under her breath, and Levent might have been amused that her frustration was vented away from him had the situation not bothered him so much. It took an effort to lay his hair flat, and Wilson’s tail was poofed out like a bottlebrush. He smiled and stroked the thing, and the cat scrambled up to balance on his shoulders, his tail still lying over the man’s chest. Lev tried to ignore that his claws were still unsheathed; Wils was probably trying not to let them dig into his friend’s skin.

The Turkish man stared at the pale teenager thoughtfully as he explained himself, and he tried not to let too much disapproval show on his face when the mare—Jericho—fastened her teeth into him, however gently. He could guess at the pecking order of that relationship, even if the boy might not know it. Lev had occasionally deferred to the authority of a dominant horse, but it had always been a temporary way to keep the peace, and it had never been with a horse that he owned; that was only inviting trouble. Even as tough as he was with Mai, the paint managed to be extremely difficult. Maybe Jericho was just a really difficult horse, too, with an inexperienced handler?

“Perhaps,” the merchant agreed when the other made his excuses. “And we’ll survive, I think. Almost gave poor Wilson here a heart attack.” He smirked when the cat slapped his tail against his face.

With all the stress out of the way, though, he found himself desiring for some small talk—at least, he didn’t want to just walk away from the boy and his crazy horse. It would be a test of how well he could control Mai, too, although the mare’s aggression seemed passive for now. He cleared his throat then smiled. “AniWaya, hm? I’ve never visited the pack—although I live nearby, in Cercatori d’Arte. My name is Levent Kartal.”

<style>
.levSieshirt {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levSieshirt p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levSieshirt p.image {text-align:center; float:left; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levSieshirt .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levSieshirt .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levSieshirt b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levSieshirt u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread