A heavy horse and a tumbling sky
[html]
I procrastinated too Big Grin / 449. 3 pts

Nier smiled in response to the others assurance that Darcy would be a good horse, he chuckled lowly, I hope so. His words came with a fondling of the foals short mane, the fuzz soft and silky between his pads. His smile widened happily as he watched the boy interact with the mare, the affection and connection between them obvious and enough answer to his question, the boy gave a verbal answer anyway, affirming what Nier had already seen. He could tell they considered each other family, the way she practically demanded attention but also withstood the boys canine behaviour. He hoped that one day he and Darce would be like that, the way he and Ciaran had bonded.

The boys words about Vinatta being family did not go unnoticed, he raised his eyebrows, surprised that the boy had found a feeling of home here already, but glad that he considered his pack members family. It was that way of thinking and feeling that cemented a pack and made it strong. Nier filed away all the information he could gather on the boy, sure to bring up the boy in conversation with Saul at some point, or maybe he'd talk to Teme, knowing that his nephew would be more than happy to wax lyrical about his new friend.

Nier gladly heaved himself from the slats of Darcy's stall and moved over to take the boys hand to shake it, giving the paw 3 brisk shakes before letting go and sinking back to his perch. A pleasure to meet you Ink. He flicked his ears up as the boy mentioned his cousin and then his horse again, talking of Montreal and the health of his mare. He was more than happy that the boy found solace here, and ecstatic that his horse was happy and health again; he had a soft spot for animals, evidenced by his cat companion and the way he loved all of Graces menagerie. Nier nodded as he listened, wagging his tail slowly, We're glad to have you in Vinatta Ink, as you could see we needed someone who knew horses to help us out. You're that guy. I'm glad you and... Jericho? Are happy here. He meant the words, always glad that the pack was expanding.

A strange tugging feeling made him jump, something was bothering at his shorts and he looked around, finding Darcy's white face straining to reach the canvas of his shorts. Nier chuckled, and turned his pockets out, I ain't got anymore apples Darce, you'll have to wait until I go to the orchard, ya daft bugger. He gave the little horses face an affectionate lick, the colt making quite horsey noises in response.

<style type="text/css">
.naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
.naiot2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naiot2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naiot2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread