Run,run,run all the way home
[html]

Kohaku was so hungry. He had been on his own for a week, his mission a complete failure and his stomach as empty as the houses he passed. The boy was still very young, only five months old. Amy had never taught him how to hunt, mostly because she didn't really know herself. With no adult to rely on, Kohaku's own hunting skills had vastly improved in the past week, which only amounted to a vole and a few crabs. The fight with the crabs had left the colorful pup with several cuts littering his face, one broken open and bleeding slightly.

In his desperation to find food, Kohaku had decided to travel to Halifax, a place he had visited with Amy several times. He knew many wolves traveled there, and hope to be able to get some food from them. Slow steps brought the hungry male through the streets, his head drooping as low as his ears and tail. Sad green eyes looked around, seeing the occasional passerby and shop owner. As he traveled deeper into the city, the shop keepers grew more numerous. The enticing scent of cooked meat drifted into the starving boy's nose, making his head and ears perk up. He wandered to the closest stall, sitting off to the side and giving the clerk the most pathetic gaze he had. Get lost, street rat. The clerk tried to shoo Kohaku away with his hands, but the puppy only whined, his lips licking his blacking lips. I don't hand out freebies to pathetic pups like you. Now get lost, your scaring off my PAYING customers.

The five-month-old curse himself for not being younger as the tactic might have actually worked then. However, Kohaku was no longer as small as before. He could have reached his mother's shoulders if he was still with her. It wasn't a great hight as his mother was quite small, and although he still had the classic disproportions of a puppy, he had started to leave the phase where others would automatically take care of him.

Frustrated and hungry, Kohaku stepped around the booth and walked farther down the street. One of the stalls had a beautiful set of sausages that hung down the front slightly. Walking as quietly as he could manage, the boy crept up to the stall and in one swift motion he grabbed onto the dangling piece of meat and took off. A series of shouts followed his escape and soon the shopkeeping, a rather large rottweiler, was hot on his tail. Panicking, Kohaku raced through the streets, aiming for the outskirts of the city in a hope to loose the luperci dog in the forest.

Angry barks followed his tail, but Kohaku was quick and had all the stamina that his mother's species offered. He dashed through the abandoned streets, the sausages dragging behind him in a line. The sweet meat made his mouth water and he put in an extra spurt of energy in an attempt to put more distance between him and the very angry luperci. Curses and shouts followed him, along with the giant dog. Kohaku's spirits rose as the line of trees appeared, signaling the end of the broken city and the beginning of the woods. Kohaku was home free, or so he thought.

The boy yelped as he felt a sharp tug against the back of his neck. The sausages dropped to the ground, getting dirt all over them as Kohaku struggled to free himself from the shopkeepers grip. "Let me go!" The dog curse at him, spitting in his face as he struggled. You little punk. I'll teach you to steal from me.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohowl {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hsKcS.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#372f25; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:430px 0px 5px 0px; color:#9c9072; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1a1611;}
.kohowl b {color:#7c8a30; text-shadow:#1a1611 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohowl p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kohowl p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #7c8a30; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohowl .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread