Run,run,run all the way home
[html]

A fierce growl came from Kohaku as the slimy dog's saliva stung the wounds on his face. His ears were flat against his head, but his tail was high. The pup wasn't going to just back down, his pride and stomach were on the line. Again, the boy found himself wishing he also had arms and hands. The dog wouldn't be so quick to overpower him if only he could shift. Kohaku's back legs pushed as hard as he could against the ground while his front ones waved uselessly in the air. He began to twist and turn, trying in vain to get out from the butcher's iron grip. But it was all to no avail.

The colorful pup stopped struggling when a stranger's voice broke through. Green eyes turned to see a black coywolf. He held a cocky smile and sharp dagger as if they were nothing, but his words indicated that he was on Kohaku's side. The pup's tail began to wag and he sneered up at the dog who help him captive. The dog's response was worse. He pushed Kohaku down, forcing his face into the dirt where it was only and inch from the tasty sausages. The luperci's claws dug into his skin, making Kohaku wince. "This has nothin' to do with you. It's between me and this little thief." Kohaku growled, spitting back angrily, "Well, if you didn't make them so easy to steal I wouldn't have done it." The butcher growled again, but stopped when the strange coywolf spoke.

The black stranger's words were fierce and his eyes reminded Kohaku of Amy. Kohaku could feel the dog's grip tighten and he had to bite his own tongue to prevent himself from whining. At last, the pressure was released and the dog let Kohaku go. Scrambling, the pup grabbed the stolen meat and scampered off into the bushes. He could hear the dog shouting after him, but Kohaku didn't stop till he was several yards away. Once there, he turned to watch and see what would happen.

"See what you did? You let him get away. Feh, your payin' me back buster. Where is that meat you promised me? I want enough to pay back the whole string."

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohowl {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hsKcS.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#372f25; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:430px 0px 5px 0px; color:#9c9072; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1a1611;}
.kohowl b {color:#7c8a30; text-shadow:#1a1611 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohowl p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kohowl p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #7c8a30; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohowl .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread