Better run, better run- faster than my bullet
[html]

WC: 334 | Pts: 3 – Smile

She continued to look at her reflection in the water, feeling his gentle fingers touch her face. She peered up at him with an eye and smiled at his compliment. This is so wrong, but it felt so right. She thought quietly to herself. She loved Kai, but the love she had for him was different from the kind she had for Itzal. The kind she had originally for Itzal was a lot more real, and more original. Kai seemed to throw her back into the stereotype – and he made it seem like she couldn’t take care of herself, while Itzal challenged that every second – just by being with him. If his ‘Mr. Hyde’, she smiled to herself thinking that’s what she used to called Eztli, were to pop out- she would be ready and willing – pregnant or not. Then she remembered – the pain went away.

She swam away from him, and his hand, and attempted to float the opposite way. She kept her ears away from the water because she hated it getting in there – plus, whatever Itzal would tell her would be mumbled. She smiled at his words, but said nothing, as she looked up at the darkening sky. She didn’t care about swimming around in a strange lake at night – especially with Itzal. Others would probably find it frightening – but with all the things she had been through, she was brave enough to risk it.

Finally, she spoke after a long while, ”I’m good. Pack’s good. I’ve been ranking up – I’m at the second tier of the warrior rank now. I’m hoping to get some recognition for my skill at the crossbow.” She eyed the area on the shore where she put it down before flopping into the lake. Then she eyed his floating leg – the one that had an arrow through it. ”Maybe you shouldn’t be floating here like this – what about your leg?” That made more sense since all of her wounds were just slices – his was a hole.

Code by Kitty; Photo by Msc-photodesign@flickr

<style>
.Axegraf .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Axegraf p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Axegraf b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffc038; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Axegraf {background-color:#121b24; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94999e; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2efmj2a.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Axegraf-border {width: 500px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread