You'll be safe with me
[html]
Thread Information
Date: August 10th, 2012

Setting: Mt. Oromocto, just west of Sangi’lak border.

Time: Late evening

Character Form: Secui

Sequoia had been lucky to find the naturally carved cave hidden in the side of the mountain. If she hadn’t chased the mountain goat right into it they would have been sleeping outside again. It was a double blessing, full bellies and a secluded place to sleep. But even with the security of the cave, Sequoia couldn’t relax. She sat at the entrance of the cave and looked out into the dark. Her body was stiff and her head turned at even the smallest of noises. Every few minutes she would turn her head to look at her mother, watching until she saw the gentle rise and fall of her chest that meant she was still breathing.

Willow had settled right down after eating, easily falling into a deep sleep. The journey around the mountain had been hard on her and her age was showing more than ever. It would have been better for her if they stayed in one place but since her family had dispersed Sequoia was restless. She had never been a wanderer but now she couldn’t stop. A rustling in the bushes made her turn her head back to the cave’s opening and she peered in to the darkness trying to find its source.

When the rustling came again she got to her paws, taking a step forward. Her ears were pushed as forward as they would go and her tail went straight out behind her as she snarled into the darkness. One of Sequoia’s ears swiveled around as her mother stirred slightly in her sleep. She turned away from the cave mouth for an instant to see if her mother would wake up.

When she didn’t, Sequoia muttered softly to her. “I’m gonna see what’s out there. I’ll be back soon, Mom.” After she spoke she softly exited the cave and made her way down the face of the mountain. It was only a short distance to the ground but she paused when she reached the bottom and looked back up to the cave. She sighed and then headed east toward the noise she had heard.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread