[aw] there fell a great star from heaven
[html]

Word Count → 561 :: Out of Character text

Willam hadn't meant to startle the other. It wasn't as if she had been looking to sneak up on him or anything. She hadn't been trying to mask or conceal her approach in the slightest. So when he had spun about so quickly Willam bowed her head and apologized. "I'm sorry. If I'm interrupting anything then I can leave." She really hadn't meant to cause him any sort of alarm and felt bad if she had done so. She had simply been curious as to what the noise had been and it seemed as if Ithiel had been the first to find out.

The large female had no clue about the male's internal debate. She didn't know the first thing about hormones or attraction. To her sex was only meant for procreation, and that only came from the leadership's approval of the pairing. She hadn't seen Ithiel's physical reaction at their first meeting, and even if she had she would have never understood what it was all about. Becaus of this she didn't know of the dilemma that she caused him with just her presence. Of course all he ever had to do was to tell her to leave him be and Willam wouldn't bother him further.

"I'm glad. I apologize if I held you up from your task." She didn't ask for elaboration but simply thought it a duty to the clan that she had distracted him from. After all he had went out of his way to meet with her and answer her questions and then even had the mind to invite her to stay as well as to lead her to where food and rest could be found. "I never really got to thank you for your kindness so if there is any way that I can repay you then please don't hesitate to let me know." Willam felt that it was the least she could do after all that he had done for her already.

Willam stared at the predatory avian for a long moment as her opinion was asked for. "I'm not certain. It isn't moving it. Will binding it give it back movement in its wing? Will it be able to have the freedom of use of the wing so that it will be able to hunt successfully? If not then it is better to kill it now rather than forcing it to remain in pain for weeks for something that may not benefit it in the end." Willam had no medical knowledge so she couldn't say if it would work or not. All she was going on was what she had immediately observed. The animal was in pain and its wing looked useless as first glance. If it wasn't able to use the wing then it wouldn't be able to hunt which meant that it would starve, or if released then it would make for easy prey for whatever other predatory came along. "If you believe that it can be saved and live a competent life then I trust your judgement. I simply believe that if it is going to remain an invalid then its suffering should be ended now." Which would give reason to why Willam had reacted so strongly at their first meeting and made certain that it was known that she wasn't an invalid, she didn't want to be put down.

<style>
.bird1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... eimvc1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:93px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.bird1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.bird1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bird1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bird1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.bird1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.bird1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread