[aw] there fell a great star from heaven
[html]

Word Count → 793 :: It's okay, I like your posts and we know I gave you enough in the Myri thread. And for the kusarigama instruction: here is a pretty good instructional one those its supposed to be a sickle and not a knife while here it show it with the sickle and how its used in combat, just the video is kinda small and not sure if you could see it well which is why I gave the other one since the second one is more accurate to what Willam has. And here is what is basically looks like.

The things that Willam made by hand were rough but they worked well enough for their purpose. There was still a lot of room left for improvement as Willam had worked on them without proper training. She had only watched someone else and tried to mimic it herself so as to not be a burden by constantly asking for something. It had never bothered Willam that the things that she made often looked more like a craft project rather than something fitting a purpose as she was typically the only one to see such things and she wasn't looking to impress herself. It was why she had made sure to bring her best dart to show to Ithiel, one not made by her own hands.

There was a quarter amount of wolf in her but she had no idea of it. It was something that had never been spoken of before. Both of her parents were mixes. Her mother had been a coywolf mix while her father was a mix of two coyote subspecies. So for all she knew she was a mix of coyote and nothing more than that. But then again genetics had never particularly interested her. Willam was able to accept anyone as long they didn't mean to cause harm.

"With a kestros." The question prompted her to return back to her pack and pull out the sling with the uneven loops that was used to propel the weapon. She started back towards Ithiel but on second thought she went back over to her pack and removed it from Châtiment's back to bring over. She placed the pack on the ground at her side and handed over the kestros sling for Ithiel to see it. "You just fit it in the loops and give it a twirl then release one of the sides." A brief overview of how it worked was given as she was looking through her pack to pull out her other sling to lay out on the ground. "This one is used pretty much the same way except with a stone. You just put the stone here, twirl it, and release one end." As she spoke she laid her fingers on the worn leather cradle. But she wasn't done there and pulled out her final weapon, a sickle on a chain.

"I'm still getting used to this one. A friend gave it to me for my birthday and was teaching me how to use it in his free time." She lightly ran her fingers over the blade of the sickle before carefully working out any kinks in the chain. "He got it from a trader and was told it was called a kusarigama." She glanced up at Ithiel before looking back down at the weapon on the ground. "You keep this part in your hand and hold it." She touched the sickle, picking it up to clutch the handle tightly before passing it off to Ithiel in case he wanted to hold it. "Then this part you twirl and throw it at whatever you are after. It is a bit tricky to do since you have to make sure the chain hits itself so that it will loop around the object so that you can pull it close and then you strike with the sickle."

After she finished explaining she looked back up to Ithiel again. "These are all I have. I can give you a demonstration whenever you want but I'm not very good at any of them yet. I still can't hit what I am aiming for every single time." And Willam would never think herself any good until she was able to do so. It didn't matter if she had gotten to where she could hit what she was aiming for most of the time for it was still those misses that ate away at her and showed exactly how imperfect she was. Because she still messed up she didn't deserve any amount of praise for what she might do right.

She listened to what Ithiel said about the feathers and watched how he did it so that she could mimic the movements. "Why don't you want to touch the feathers?" But of course she wouldn't go against his instruction. Once she had been presented with her wing she fell silent and focused intently on the task placed before her. Since the whole thing had to be plucked she didn't go after certain feathers but started with was first reached and grabbed them by their base as she had been show and yanked them out. But even though she wasn't looking to pluck in any certain order she did make certain to separate them by size as they were laid out on the ground.

<style>
.bird1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... eimvc1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:93px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.bird1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.bird1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bird1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bird1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.bird1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.bird1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread