I'll hold my head up higher and higher
Footsteps approached and her remaining stump along with its full sister turned to catch the sound. She flickered her eyes to the side, seeing over the mound of knotted scarred mess that her cheek was. Seeing her maybe friend Io Gemma released some of the tension. Women she didn't really know how to talk to but she managed okay with the straight talking Io who didn't speak in riddles to confuse her. But then the horse loomed into her view and she straightened, alarmed by it's presence.

"The horses scare me. I don't like to bother them." She added in a small, rather child-like voice whilst staring at Neo with large frightened eyes. Io lowered her pregnant form to the floor for a rest and Gemma, anticipating a break from her work kneeled down facing her too. She looked to the floor at the question and for a second considered lying about herself but she dismissed it almost instantly, Io would know, she always did.

"I am.. better.. than before." There, that was a good yet evasive description of how she was.

Messages In This Thread