I'll hold my head up higher and higher
His name made her flinch, he was almost akin to Lucifer, he hadn't hurt her physically like her father had but he had caused her just as much suffering and fear. She smiled tightly at the one word she did understand in Io's cussing. Bastard. Yes he was a bastard, an evil bastard. Neo raised his head and neighed as Io said his name and Gemma's flattened ears rose just a little. Neo she liked even if she was scared of him. Maybe she could just use Neo.

She frowned though as Io made the effort to come and sit next to her and rest her head on her shoulder, she didn't want Io straining herself just so Gemma could feel better. That would make her feel awful. The comfort was appreciated though and she huffed, pushing her head against Io's. The words were true, she knew them from experience, she had never truly gotten rid of them and they had haunted her for forever. Teeth and blood in the night.

The last bit though, Gemma turned and stared,

"People love and respect me?" She was almost like a small child, searching for praise and acceptance, searching for love.

Messages In This Thread