Survival
[html]

412 No problem! I actually felt bad the last time I replied because it was like.. super fast. x_x It's never fun when you're trying to catch up and every time you post to a thread, another thread of yours gets a reply. XD Thanks for the birthday wishes and I hope the new job works out, man! Lack of flexibility is just.. awful. ;\ My old job was like -- "you have to show us your schedule and you can only have off when your classes are." Thankfully the policy was never acutally enforced; you could just say "yeah I have school" and no one questioned it. Which is good, because, y'know... school does sometimes require doing work/homework/studying/etc. outside of class. 8| Added that online classes aren't really scheduled at a particular time... fehhh.

Draugr is by me!

It wasn't quite a lack of perception that caused Draugr to miss signs of unfriendliness, nor was it indifference toward that unfriendliness. Had she realized her presence was unwanted, she might have retreated. Dra herself was not accustomed to excessive displays of friendliness, and perhaps simply assumed most others operated from this starting point. Had she less curiosity about the world and everything in it, the drab-hued might never have left her home, let alone Salsola. It was the insatiable curiousity that drove her out and into the world, though, and fueled her every interaction.

And -- even as she remained with the earthen-toned woman, there was an increase in friendliness from the other. A smile was offered, and Draugr returned it with more than perfunctorily. The hybrid offered a nod of her head in return,watching with sharply interested eyes as the woman quickly mounted her horse. There was effortless grace in her acquisition of a seat, and Dra trailed after her, glancing back toward Dyrne. The horse was watching, but as Dra motioned to her, the chestnut meandered away. She bent her head to graze once she'd taken a few steps away.

If you'd like. It is a good thing to know, smoking, Dra said. Shall I gather the wood? It will take a long time, though -- and it won't be as good as if we salted it first. Salt was the key in keeping so long -- neither salt or smoke preserved meat quite as well as both combined. Miqui had spoken of cooking apparatuses especially made to smoke meat, but Draugr did not presently possess one. She did not know, of course, that such were frequently found around farmhouses -- though the working condition of this particular farm's smokehouse might not be appropriate. For her part, Draugr was indifferent as to raw or cooked or smoked meat -- food was food. The best part of smoking was just how long the meat remained fresh and unspoiled. Flavor was of little consequence to the woody-hued canine.

The wolfdog shook her head apologetically, and then remembered. Oh! Yes. I found three in the city... but their condition is poor. I'll fetch the best, she said. Turning, the hybrid trotted back toward Dyrne, murmuring to the horse as she approached. The chestnut paid her little mind, though she flicked her tail as if shooing a fly. The hybrid fetched the least damaged of the knives and returned to the stranger, offering it hilt first.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread