Survival
[html]

-- People are so lacking in understanding with school. ._. IDK, I always worked in restaurants rather than an office-type job, so I'd always assumed the attitude was somewhat different elsewhere, but that sounds like a lot of bull I heard. People like, assuming you're working whatever job as a career and "you can't possibly have any other responsibilities!" ugh. Sad I felt that way too though quitting the aforementioned crap restaurant -- I was one of the first of MANY, and now that restaurant has terrible reviews food and service wise. 8D That is what you get when you treat your employees like crap... assuming there are other jobs to go around (which there weren't for a while there, sadly).

AND relevant threadbabble -- I can easily edit Dra's surname out of here, she provides/doesn't provide on whim. ^^ Just figured it would be a neat GASP! moment? PM and lemme know~

Draugr is by Haley!

Draugr was quick to move out of the barn, nabbing sticks here and there. As there was no one left to clean the debris away, it was a relatively easy task. A storm had brought down a tree limb in this summer or one before it. The hybrid worked to snap off smaller branches and had herself a suitable pile of firewood -- minus the logs -- after gathering for several minutes. As she headed back toward the barn, an armload of the sticks in her hand, she saw the earthen-hued woman beside her horse. For a moment -- and with surprising dismay -- Draugr thought the woman was abandoning her and leaving the kill behind simply to escape her presence. It was a jarring moment for Draugr, who was for at least a few seconds acutely aware of her presumed strangeness.

Her worry was for nothing, however, for the wolf stepped back out from behind her horse, holding something in both hands. Draugr peered curiously toward them and then met gazes when her companion spoke. The woman's pale yellow eyes were familiar, in a distant way. She smiled broadly, the tip of her tail wavering in the air. Excellent, she said, smiling. Already, there was a distinctive twinge of hunger in her belly. Dra piled the firewood and went to seek more. When she returned, the earthen-hued wolf spoke of a flint, and the wolfdog nodded. Their supply of firewood might need to be replenished, but it was certainly a start.

Though it felt strange rifling through another canine's things, the flint was blessedly easy to find, and she needn't dig through it long. Thanks, she said, settling down on her knees to start the fire. She pulled sticks into a rudimentary circle. She worked over the flint and struggled to find a spark with the second rusty knife, but eventually did so and had a small, smoky fire going when she glanced up to see the pig was soundly decapitated. Draugr Helsi. You work quickly, the wolfdog observed, nodding toward the head.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread