Things do not change; we change
[html]

Word Count → 716 :: Out of Character text

The anxiety came from having to actually speak to leadership herself. But Ithiel had told her to do so and she was. Or at least she was attempting it. Though everything that she could possibly be doing wrong weighed heavily on her mind. She was stressed over even the most minor of slip up that could be considered treason simply because she was forced to speak on her own behalf in front of leadership. It wasn't really punishment that scared her, as she was used to that, but that she would drag Ithiel down if she messed up since he had been the one to extend the invitation to her. She didn't want to end up disappointing or causing trouble for the first one that she had met.

"The only thing that I am used to is hunting." Willam paused, realizing that didn't really sound all that impressive. Everyone knew how to hunt or else they wouldn't make it through day to day life. "Châtiment pulls a travois so that large prey can be carried back to share among everyone." Willam motioned to the stallion that was still absorbed in grazing. The female didn't know if that really sounded any better that she was used to hunting for a large group rather than for a solo diet. "Is there already an assigned hunting party that I may be able to join in on?" As that was the one skill that she knew could offer. "If not then I am willing to learn whatever task you wish for me to assist with. I'm afraid I don't know too many members or any of their skills so if you could tell me who to see about acting as an apprentice to and where I might find them it would be greatly appreciated."

"I possess a sling, a kestros, and a kusarigama that I have been working on training with. I have yet to master a hundred percent accuracy with any of them." She wasn't certain if naming her weapons would be pertinent information or not. She hadn't learned to fight with them as she had never gone against an opponent, or even thought to. She had done some minor hunting when on her own but would never do so within a group until she was confident that she would hit her mark each and every time. Still, she didn't want it to seem like she was hiding anything even though she felt shame that she wasn't at the skill level with the weapons that she wished she was at.

Willam had never made her own schedule before. She wasn't used to making such decisions for herself. She was used to her entire life being planned out by those above her. Still she gave a nod of her head to say that she understood even if she wasn't comforted by the thought. this meeting was turning her whole world upside down. She didn't exactly know how to think for herself. She wasn't used to having so much freedom. It worried her because there would be so many ways that she could make a mistake without having strict procedures to adhere to so that she knew she was always doing the right thing.

"I do not know. I'm sorry. I didn't think to ask." Her fingers reached down for the cilice about her thigh, going ahead and tightening it without command to do so since she knew that she had failed to give the proper answer. She had failed to gather all of the necessary information and now it weighed heavily on my mind. "By the way he spoke there seemed to only be one. I am not certain if it is the dislike that you say they have or if it was because of the monster but I didn't receive a warm greeting even though I remained a safe distance away from the borders. He said that strangers are not allowed near the pack, that none are allowed past the borders in case they should cause harm." Willam didn't know if there was a previous prejudice for that as well or if it was simply because of attacks before. Still it could be deduced that they were expecting someone of canine origins to be the ones to cause harm.

<style>
.angel1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 4pfbxt.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:91px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.angel1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.angel1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.angel1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.angel1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.angel1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.angel1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread