Things do not change; we change
[html]

(593)

Myrika is by Kiri!

Hunting was valuable -- especially because Inferni's livestock was not raised to be slaughtered. Their sheep were shorn and their wool traded, or traded themselves for livestock such as horses, which was in turn used for non-food purposes. The chickens were an exception to this, but Myrika hardly considered them livestock. They simply hung around the corral and stables, huddling in with the horses and sheep at night. Beyond that, she scattered grain for them and left them to tend themselves. Their nests were frequently found in gathered hay and straw from the horse and sheep stalls, and each day before Myrika brought the horses in for the night, she made certain to check in the stalls themselves. Invariably, she discovered at least one nest. On truly good nights, there were four or even five. Once, she'd discovered almost ten. It was for this reason there were often eggs stacked haphazardly about the Village. Thankfully, Kaena enjoyed them greatly, and seemed to eat this food above all others. Otherwise, when the stock became truly overabundant, Kaena brought a basketful to the ravens in the Hallow. It was a short trek and the birds were overjoyed with this special treat. Cannibalism, Kaena called it derisively, though she always returned with a grin on her scarred muzzle.

When it seemed the silver-hued woman had finished, the hybrid considered her a moment, a smile lingering on her lips. She did not know either of the more exotic-sounding weapons Willam listed, but a sling was a simple thing -- yet deadly, too. There are the Huntsmen, she suggested. But if it's weapons you're good with, maybe one of the Bellum tier ranks? You could talk to Ithiel about that. Helotes is one of our warriors, too. And Remy is painful with teaching the staff, she said, rubbing at an imagined bruise on her arm with a grin. Otherwise, if you wanted to hunt, talk to any of the Lumen tier scouts. They're supposed to be good at knowing where there's prey to be found, since they're all the scouts. Her hand dropped from her arm and the tawny hybrid looked thoughtful as the silvery-hued woman spoke more on the threat to New Dawn. Her eyes followed the motion to the thing on her leg, studying it and wondering what purpose it served. She could smell old blood, and though she wondered for a moment, she dismissed the possibility as ridiculous. Surely it was just habit to adjust the decorative band when Willam was nervous? The old scar tissue, however, spoke against that theory. Myrika decided not to dwell on it.

It might be because you're a coyote, Myri said, shrugging. I met their alpha, Zalen, before I led Inferni. He was, as you say, not warm -- not at first. But it was okay, I guess, once that was over with. I'd heed what whoever it was said, though. No reason to stir trouble where there's none. This was less a warning than a firm instruction. Though Zalen had gotten around to liking her well enough, it seemed, she did not want to anger the dark-hued wolf by having coyotes lingering -- even in friendly ways -- near their borders. I hope they can deal with their monster, and if not, I hope it stays away from Inferni, in any case, she said. Thanks for letting me know. Though it wasn't the first time she'd thanked Willam, there was nothing wrong with doing so twice.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread