Things do not change; we change
[html]

Myrika is by me!

There was something both frightening and admirable in giving one's life over to authority in the way Willam had seemed to before Inferni. Myrika had been an underling in the clan, once upon a time, but even then she had never experienced real structure. Inferni's loose hierarchy and lax demands were nothing like this place of la Chemin -- and still, Myrika could mourn the place. She imagined it as wonderfully synchronized and perhaps entirely lacking in anxiety. With certainty as to what one was always supposed to do, there was no chance for accidents and mistakes. If everyone thought the same, there would be no unexpected situations -- thus, perhaps an individual needn't fret about acting right. They'd always know. Thus, such a system was admirable.

And yet -- a lover of books and written things, Myrika could not help but be frightened in a deeper way. While on a logical level such a system and organization made sense, it evoked in her a primal sort of fear. Would such a place lack in creativity? Certainly, in love -- Willam had wanted to have her very children dictated over her -- Myri could not imagine outlining such restrictions over the coyotes within Inferni. She was too polite to speak her thoughts, either way -- to call Willam's dead and burned place admirable or frightening was insulting, Myrika thought. Patronizing in the first, offensive in the second.

Well -- if you're ever uncertain, you know you can just ask me. Not a problem, she said, smiling and allowing her hands to drop. I know what it's like to be nervous and uncertain, so, whatever I can do to help. She pondered whether she could truly bring herself to instruct Willam as to her partner, and wondered if it was cheating to declare herself happy with whatever Willam went with. Her question was one easily answered, and Myri smiled. You could stay in the caves? I think there are some large enough for a horse to enter, though not all horses will enter, I think... if not -- there's always the D'Neville mansion? There are stables attached to the garage, and you're welcome to one of them. There are a few other horses there, but it should be alright?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread