Returning a Gesture
[html]

(429) I'm only replying as Ithiel because I need poast counts for him. >_> Might mesh him into Myrika's perspective as an NPC at some point if we need to go speediararar. Can probably just skip his posts altogether, tbh -- he's only arriving with Myrika and hanging back looking a bit grumpy.

Ithiel is by me!

Although Lystra was not the mount to be coddled and given even an inch more leeway than was necessary, she did have one redeeming quality. For her disobedience and aggression, the chestnut mare was a marvelous charging horse. She had proved this first and foremost in the Boreas conflict, where her hooves and teeth had dealt an impressive amount of damage. There were still horses in the half-wild herds between Salsola and Inferni bearing scars from her bites. Ithiel found himself having to reel her in against the stately roan his cousin rode.

For his part, the gelding was much more controlled, as if he understood the meaning of training -- which did not surprise Ithiel in the least, considering his origin. Myrika had marveled at his control, and Ithiel was prompted to recall that one of the leaders had ridden Ruari. Whether he was for battle or simply riding, he was well-trained and regal enough to have been the possession of a commander. Ruari was also a large horse, though Ithiel's mare probably over-topped him by some pounds. Even he seemed flustered with the laid-back ears and half-wild screams of Lystra.

Her wildness gave an early end to their training session, and the pair were leading the horses around the outside of the mansion's fencing. The chestnut seemed a different horse entirely with Myrika holding her lead. All aggression had drained out of her, and she followed the tawny woman with a doting look in her eyes. Ithiel snorted, thankful Ruari was calm under any hand. She should be yours, the dusky hybrid remarked. She likes you better.

She'd probably grow more protective and surly around others, Myri said. Besides, I don't have time to take care of four horses. I'm not giving you Cahal and I'm definitely not giving you Eira. It'll be years before Mili's ready to ride, too, so forget about that. Her tone was friendly and half-jest, though the underlying message was still a resounding no. She hadn't even addressed the horses in the communal stables, and so Ithiel knew they were completely off the table. He regarded her with cool red eyes, and was in the process of formulating a response when a loud howl stopped them both. The horses halted behind them, and Ithiel looked at Myrika curiously. She shrugged, and without a further word, both mounted up. Myrika was faster and more graceful than Ithiel by far, and was already turning Lystra in the direction of the noise.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread