Returning a Gesture
[html]

(391)

Myrika is by me!

Although Myrika herself was vaguely nervous, it seemed she was not the only one -- the tall, dark wolf was almost hesitant in his introduction, as if he'd missed a beat. Myrika did not dwell on it then and there, for it was brief and but a moment before the man recovered himself, but later she might review their interaction in memory, remember that detail, and puzzle over it. Instead, she nodded and her smile broadened with the man's respectfulness and introduction of his compatriot, and Myrika nodded almost eagerly. It is good to meet you, she said. This is Ithiel de le Poer, she said, nodding toward Alyssum and introducing him for the earthen-hued coyote's benefit. Don't mind him, he's not so friendly, but he'll only give you an arrow if you ask for one, she said, punctuating the statement with a laugh to emphasize the fact that it was a jest. She did not think these wolves were here for any ill reason, and she might have dismissed Ithiel entirely -- if she didn't think he'd protest, however slightly. He'd miss the meaning of showing total respect to her in front of these strangers.

The dark wolf's words about a gift elicited a pricking of Myrika's ears, though her smile turned almost bashful. She glanced downward toward the ground and shrugged her shoulders. Oh, you didn't have to, the hybrid began. Looking up at him again, she continued. But I'm glad you did, too. We're close neighbors, and I'm new at the job, so, she added, trailing off and punctuating the statement with a helpless shrug of her shoulders. Gifts are good between friendly parties. The redhead was comfortable using such ambiguous terms as "friends" with the Cavalierians -- they had never caused or been in trouble, as long as Myrika had known of the pack's existence, and had a reputation entirely different from Salsola's. That is to say, they had a reputation at all -- it seemed to Myrika their more northerly neighbors kept primarily to themselves, and actively avoided the crafting of any reputation. Not that it helped -- there were whispers all the same. Thank you, she added, thinking it good to thank them once preemptively, and many more times after the fact.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread