[M] Cry on my Shoulder
[html]
(401) THE SUSPENSE

He grinned at the title, finding it amusing at the least. "You know it, master of the kitchen," he commented right back playfully. It was not unknown to him that she was good with her recipes and the mix of herbs with meat, and thought about the day they hunted together and when he got a taste of her cooking. It was honestly good, and was about to suggest doing so once more when they paused for a moment on her accord.

Instinctively he thought of the pups, and looked at her with wide, worried eyes. But, whatever she felt seemed to pass, and while he was now burdened with concern that he had forgotten to bring along on the walk, he did not suggest going back. He knew that she would only deny, and state that nothing happened. Again, he thought about how strange the situation was; he never viewed her as fragile ever since she proved capable, and seeing her in a delicate state was a change for him. Though he kept silent, he did take a glance at her face as they walked, trying to see if anything was indeed wrong. But, saw nothing off, and tried to put his thoughts to rest.

He noticed that the trees were finally becoming familiar, and looked up to see the familiar houses roosting on top some of the branches. The terrace always had interested him, and remembered when he was younger that he explored them for a couple of days before something, most likely a good book, grabbed his attention away. They came to a particular house, and he inspected it along Eclipse. He looked at her as she finally spoke, and answered, "I think it's Shawchert's old house. He was the first leader, the one before my mom. He used to live out here with his mate and kids, so this could be where he used to live." It would explain the netting--somewhere for the pups to go.

"It would be weird to live in a place like this, huh? I wonder if anyone is worried that a squirrel or raccoon would steal their things or something," he commented lightly, again looking back to the woman for an answer. The warmth of the sun through the leaves was lulling him into a calm, and whatever worries he held moments ago seemed to disappear as he talked peacefully with Eclipse.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread