[M] Cry on my Shoulder
[html]
(338) go on without me

It was all happening too fast for him to process at first. When he was aware of what was happening, all that matter was calling for Taliesin. Taliesin would know what to do, for he was the healer. He must have delivered children before, he would make Eclipse and tell them that everything will be okay. If he came, everything will be okay. Yet, the cold, logical side of him pressed hard against his wishes, chilling him to the core. It murmured softly in the back of his mind that it was all wrong. It was too early, and far too late for help.

The minute had passed in a matter of seconds when he had called for the man. Now that he was back at her side, sitting closely beside her, the seconds seemed to pass all too slowly while they waited. All he could do was wait, and pray desperately, praying for once in his life. When the woman's voice distantly sounded in his ears, he shook his head and half choked, half murmured. "No, Eclipse, they're going to make it." It felt like he was swallowing his own heart just telling her the lie. "Taliesin will be here. I promise, everything is going to be okay."

He sensed her fear as strongly as his own, and curled close to her, providing any comfort that he could possibility give her. When she spoke again, he leaned his head against her own. "I won't. Eclipse, I swear, I'll never leave you," he murmured, pressing his muzzle even further into her as she gripped him, his hand finding her's and held it just as tight. "I never will," he repeated, as if someone who going to deny it. He felt so useless, so pathetic, and felt like speaking his promises was the only thing he could do as the girl went through so much pain beside him. He damned and cursed himself repeatedly as he tried to convince not only her but himself that the inevitable wouldn't happen.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread