[M] Cry on my Shoulder
[html]
(339) this thread is gonna kill me

As her hold became tighter and more desperate, some part of him knew that this was it. His hand was sore and it wanted to be released, but he only squeezed back with a bit more force, though not too much to hurt her more than what she was already going through. He wanted to close his eyes, perhaps to fool himself that this was not happening and be lulled into a dark peace. But, he did not look away. He had promised to her that he would not leave her. He would not abandon her even in the smallest of ways.

A small pup came and he could tell it was born lifeless, tiny and unmoving. He watched as she moved forward to retrieve it, and he did not shy away from her as she held the bloodstained child close to her chest. He felt a shudder run through her, yet he was numb as he watched he pup, having the dying hope that it would wail, to show that it was not dead and that it was alive. But, it was Eclipse's words that brought him to reality. It was gone, and there were more, its brothers and sisters, and he curled closer to the woman as she pressed against him. It took of his willpower to not to break. He needed to stay strong, just for now.

He heard the man enter the room, but he did not bother to look at him. What use was he now, Robert had thought blankly. And his questions sparked emotion in him. Why would he ask him to speak of what had occurred when he could see it in front of him? Would he truly have to repeat what he had watched? "She..." He had tried, but his eyes betrayed him as they tempted to leak. He wouldn't allow it.

He brushed his forearm over his face roughly and faced that man, though he looked at his muzzle. He couldn't meet his eyes. "I-I think so. Please, help her." He didn't speak for the pups. He came to the ultimate realization that they were gone, and he had to focus on Eclipse. If something happened to her... "Help her," he repeated hurriedly and with more force, almost a demand as if Taliesin would deny his service, what self-control he had quietly ebbing away as his thoughts worked against him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread