[M] Cry on my Shoulder
((Sorry!))

He watched her drink the tincture, taking the vial back and placing it in his bag. He wished there was more to do. His very presence there was a cruel joke, giving her hope when he knew there was none. There was no miracle for Eclipse, Robert, or the stillborn pups. The third came easily it seemed. He went through the motions, knowing they were futile and hating himself for trying anyway. Was this how his mother had felt when she'd given birth to nearly entirely stillborn litters? At least (except the once) she'd had some hope in the form of a living pup to care for, to ease the pain of the innocent lives that went unlived.

He let out a heavy breath as his gaze met hers. How to explain to her why she'd lost them, when he didn't even know? His face was as solemn as his voice, guilt giving his words a bitter taste in his mouth. "I'm sorry, Eclipse. Sometimes.... sometimes this happens. Could have been something wrong with the pups, could have been... well, I just don't know. It doesn't mean you can't try again in the future, it doesn't mean you won't be able to have them. My mother had several miscarriages and stillborns, and still had two litters both before and after me and my littermate."

He hated talking to her about it. Maybe Orin was right about him. Maybe he was bad luck in and of himself. He let out a slow, soft breath now as his hands automatically were sifting through the herbs he had with him.

"You'll need lots of rest for the next week or more. Lots of fluids, especially water. No alcohol. And food with iron in it, red meat especially. Raw or cooked, it doesn't matter. This vial is goldenrod, it's bitter. Make a tea with cinnamon, cloves, and rosehip. Just a few drops of this. This darker fluid is opium. Its a painkiller and a sedative. Just a drop or two, no more." He looked at Robert, directing his words to the male. "If you want, you two can stay at my house and I can help keep an eye on her. Miscarriages are painful mentally and physically, on both partners. Eclipse is going to need a lot of help, whether she will admit it or not."

He paused, then added softly. "You both have my sympathies..." Dumb male, assuming that because they were together that Robert was the daddy.

Messages In This Thread