Triple Beam Dreams
[html]
(haha, a tiny mexican standoff.)

Sonje by Sie!

When he didn't immediately leave, Sonje pulled her lips back defiantly, wanting to spit at his words. But he was holding his ground, even patronizing her, she thought. She was enraged for a long second, but her lips fell into a soft purse, the line of her muzzle set grimly and her eyes of wild rice slitted, exotically stoic and dangerous. She considered him like this for a fleeting moment, as if debating how worth it would be to attempt to kill him anyway—that feral she was—because he could be a potential threat to her life further down the road. What if there was some type of law in these lands that forbade leather burning? There'd be wanted posters of her in the morning if she let him go!

Childishly irrational, she sniffed and straightened, easing her grip on the scissors and turning them into her palm, but not quite relinquishing them. "I'm obviously not a leatherworker, and I see no value in an animal's life but to feed my own," she said, maybe meant to be obnoxious but she was clearly just a little wild and naive. Food was her sacred. One who'd had to feed herself for so long held eating above any other desire she had—a savage little nymph who's sin was surprisingly something like gluttony. Not that he would necessarily know all this from her very touchy reply, but it was somehow implied.

She realized she was wrong a second after she'd said it, but she'd die before admitting it. "If you want those butchered pieces so bad, I said you can take them," she snapped impatiently, actually feeling embarrassed that he'd found her failure, and further flustered her by being the handsome defense of the wild preserve. Sonje rolled her eyes, desperately trying to inwardly regain a composure somewhat relevant to a tame being. She wasn't in the middle of the wild anymore, where every loner took what they could and would kill you for things you didn't even need anymore. That was why she burned it—that, and her frustrated disgust at her creation. He'd also mentioned there was his pack nearby, she'd be even stupider to further antagonize him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread