journey of journeys
[html]

(304)

Ithiel is by me!

Though the woman's terror was apparent, Ithiel still did not seek to appease it, instead awaiting for her answer -- or not, if she chose to bolt away. He would not pursue, but she could not know this. He'd ridden up on her, after all, and this was a threatening enough action for some -- but Ithiel did not need to fear whether he offended a lone woman of wolf-kind, truly. The dusky coyote might have even gotten a little enjoyment out of it, had he been slightly less disciplined in his indoctrination and slightly more sadistic in his execution of it. As it was, though, Ithiel was not the sort to enjoy such sadistic pleasures -- at least, not on this level, anyway.

The dust-colored hybrid nodded, thankful to hear such information. Although his last encounter with the pack was not positive, this pale woman was not the spindly greeter at the mountain pack's borders. I am Ithiel de le Poer, a scout of Inferni, he said. There are no packs this way north? Anathema is the last along the mountain? He dared not inquire on her pack -- and anyway, having already passed near enough to have a sniff of the pack's scent, he'd ascertained all he needed to know. I do not think hunting would be easy up here, but I seek to make sure.

He wasn't particularly keen on trusting the word of a wolf, but rather than spend an extra week on his scouting journey investigating a hostile land, he preferred to trust his instinct and the word of a stranger. The land, too, bore no signs of habitation -- there were many signs pointing toward what he suspected, and this might prove to be the final piece of evidence he needed to depart this wasteland.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread