I will make sure to keep my distance
[html]

:3

art by crypsis

Though the actual complexities of his rank (specifically that he was meant to protect the Legatus) were more than just being a guard, he supposed that the simplistic term worked as well. Both Myrika and Vesper seemed capable of defending themselves, and Ithiel hardly left Myrika’s side unless he was out on patrol or doing whatever weird religious things he did with Angel. Max, as an outsider to both name and faith, did not understand and frankly had no desire to. He was, however, pleased she knew of him.

He cocked his head doggishly at her mention of the sky, tried to recall it, and found he could not. Still, he liked the idea and tried to picture a sky on fire—what he envisioned was something like the vast stretch of blue being ripped apart and actual flames pouring down. Even the clouds burnt, turning black in a sky the color of red-orange coals. So caught up in his thoughts was Max that he missed her question and blinked stupidly, shaking his head to clear it.

“What?” He asked, then realized what she said and let out a bark of laughter. His tail wagged merrily. “No, no, I just like to know who’s who. I’m pretty bad with names,” he admitted. “But I know every scent within this clan.”

<style>
#maxpose {
font-family:'georgia', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#maxpose p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#maxpose p.maxImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#maxpose .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#maxpose .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#maxpose b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#maxpose u { text-decoration: underline; }
#maxpose b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread