the walrus and the carpenter
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">
Sorry this took so long. Ending it or continuing it is all fine with me.

sharksHe laughed good-naturedly, genuinely amused and intrigued by the other's perception. I've never thought about it that way, he said, though he immediately thought he knew why that was. Too many things in life seemed out of his control -- that he didn't even have some semblance of control over his own life was disconcerting. He wanted to know that he was supposed to look for something. He wanted to know that there was something to find, that some day, he would just understand all that there was to understand, and that things really could be that simple. He wanted to believe in those things, but maybe "finding himself" was the very process of discarding those innocent ideas. Maybe finding truth was becoming a cynic. Maybe it was just accepting that there wasn't much he could control or change.

sharksSometimes life throws unpleasant things at you though -- do you think those things could be avoided somehow? If only they tried hard enough right? It was what every child was told. If you tried and worked hard enough, you could do anything. You could change the world. Save everyone. Have a happy ending. No one had ever told him that happy endings weren't real. Maybe that was why Arkham still liked to believe that anything was possible. He just had to try harder. Find it, whatever it was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread