every step that you take is a gamble with death
[html]

Word Count → 676 :: Out of Character text

Ah yes, Willam was sincere in her reverence. She was still getting used to the fact that Infenri was much more laid back than what she was used to. She had to learn still that the leaders here were constantly on on pedestal. That the leaders could be spoken to and met with on a day to day basis for just friendly encounters. But even though they were approachable they were still respected by their members.

But Willam was showing signs of improvement for she wasn't as anxious as she had been at their first meeting. Of course she still worried and fretted as was in her nature to do. She didn't want to do something seen as wrong and disrespectful because of all the freedom that she was given. It was why she was willing to give up her personal endeavor to go do whatever Vesper wished her to do instead.

Willam smiled slightly when Vesper didn't find an issue with what Willam had in mind. She didn't even seem troubled that Willam still knew little about the rest of the members. But what really came as a shock was when Vesper actually offered to hunt with her. Willam knew that not everyone liked to hunt in a group but she enjoyed it. There was an amount of camaraderie there. Willam also fought less nervous on a hunt and felt almost equal to everyone else. Plus she enjoyed knowing that she was doing something to give back to the rest, that she had actually taken part in something to provide for everyone else in the clan.

"Thank you, I would enjoy that. I'm not the quickest when it comes to a chase. I was usually the one to ambush as I was among the larger ones in the hunting party." Willam gave a brief explanation of what she was used to while hunting. "I am willing to follow your lead and do as you advise. I simply request that a place near where we hunt be found for Châtiment. I'd like to keep him out of the way but still close." Willam really hoped that such wording didn't come off as a command as she really didn't mean it that way.

In order to make up for it just in case Willam went on to explain. "I've built a travois for him to pull. If he is nearby we won't need to take the kill too far to put on the travois so that he could drag it back to where everyone else is. I had thought everyone could be called together to share a meal." She had figured that it would be easiest to meet everyone over a meal. What better way to make everyone relaxed and complacent than with a full belly? "Of course that is only if you would allow for such a thing. I wouldn't wish to call everyone together without your permission." Again Willam was deferring to Vesper's will. Willam was doing all that she could to ensure that she didn't accidentally end up stepping on any toes.

Willam reached over and stroked the stallion's neck. "You don't have to worry about Châtiment. He will stay where I leave him once I shift. I've always hunted on four legs when in a group. I hope that will work well with what you have in mind. Otherwise, if I remain on two legs, Châtiment will continue to follow." Willam had no idea how to train the horse to stay put no matter what form she was in. Because of that she had always stuck by what training that he already had. It was simplest the easiest way to assure that things went the way that she wanted them to. And well, Willam would rather have that assurance of success than to waste time on something that may or may not work out. Plus it wasn't as if she trusted her own abilities. She didn't have the belief that she could teach Châtiment something else and have him listen and obey her.

<style>
.coyote1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... qiurgw.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:80px; height:103px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.coyote1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.coyote1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.coyote1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyote1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.coyote1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.coyote1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread